Here are some easy introductory questions to get you thinking about your business and how these steps can help you create a system to attract the customers you want to your business.
Step 1 – Setting your direction. From where you are to where you want to be
Where are you now
- What is your business model?
- Where do your revenue streams come from?
- What is most profitable?
- What is working well and what isn’t?
Your existing customer base
- Who are they?
- Who are your best customers?
- How long do customers stay and what is their value?
What is your longer term vision for your business?Where do you want to be?
- What is the purpose for your business?
- Which revenue streams would you like to grow?
- What are your specific business goals?
Step 2 – Understanding your market place and your competition
- What is happening within the market place you are operating in?
- What is the size of the market you are in or entering?
- What is the potential demand for what you are offering
- What are the trends, hot issues and gaps that need filling?
- Who is your competition?
- What are their strengths and weaknesses?
- What is your competition not offering that the market needs?
- What benefits do you offer that your competition doesn’t?
- What can you learn from your competition?
Step 3 – Understanding your customer
Your target customers and strongest niche
- Who are the ‘right potential customers’ for you to focus on? 9 What are your ideal client criteria?
- Who are the best most enjoyable and profitable clients to work with? 9 What are the main problems your target client has? 9 What do your target customers most want?
- What is a strong niche group of people with problems you could focus on?
- Where can you find these customers?
Step 4 – Creating your solution. Creating your value proposition
- What is the solution you are proposing?
- What are the key elements of your service?
- How does this solution solve your clients problems
- What are the biggest benefits you offer?
- How are you going to package and price it?
Step 5 – Creating a path to your business
Attracting hand raisers and building a list
- How could you find and attract those with an interest and need for your services?
- What would attract your potential customers to take the first step with you and their register interest?
- What could be the steps up your sales ladder from initial interest to long term customer?
Getting your sales systems in place
- What systems do you need to have in place to list build?
- How can you capture and record potential customers’ details?
- What do you need set up to communicate with your list?
Step 6 – Creating your marketing messages and materials
- What brand image would attract your target customer?
- What messages would hit the right spot? 9 What marketing materials do you need?
- What are the best marketing channels to your market?
Step 7 – Choosing and planning your marketing methods
- Which methods are most likely to reach your best customers?
- What methods are low cost and work well?
Step 8 – Developing your budget and return on investment
- What are the implementation costs for each method?
- What resources are required to implement?
- What return do you expect?
- How will you measure the return you get?
Step 9 – Planning your sales and marketing strategy and actions
- What is the strategy plan for each method? 9 What is involved in getting each one set up?
- What is your action plan?